HEIRLOOM VEGETABLE SEED KIT
Heaven's Harvest Store
Why Buy Heirloom Seeds?
The Heirloom Vegetable Seed Kit includes 39 varieties of hand-selected, non-hybrid, non-gmo, open-pollinated vegetable seeds. Most vegetables you purchase in the grocery store are "Hybrid" seeds, meaning they have been genetically-modified in order to produce the best looking item for display. This is a problem if you try to save the seeds of this produce - why? - Take a Green Pepper for example: the pepper has been modified in a lab to produce a bright green skin, and crisp fruit and so two vegetables have been "crossed" to produce this handsome Green Pepper. The seeds of this fella may grow a green pepper or whichever item it was crossed with!
Heirlooms are seeds which have been passed down, or grown from the original fruit, for 75+ years. They are truly heirlooms - with delicious flavor and a hardy nature. The Heirloom varieties selected in our kits will prosper in all zones (with proper TLC of course). The majority of these seeds have a 10-year shelf life when stored properly in a cool, dark, dry location. If you're still developing your green thumb, we recommend the All New: Square Foot Gardening Book - great tips and ideas for the novice gardener or those who have limited gardening space.
The Heirloom Vegetable Seed Kit includes more than 4,500 Heirloom seeds!
Further Product Details:
- This kit represents a $1,500 value if purchased from your local hardware store
- Most seeds sold today do not have the ability to reproduce. This kit contains only 100% heirloom vegetable survival seeds that can reproduce and have stood the test of time
- 39 different varieties of non-gmo, non-hybrid, open pollinated heirloom vegetable survival seeds
- Each variety individually packaged in its own UV radiation-resistant mylar foil bag
- Approximately 4,700 individual survival seeds, almost 2 lbs worth
- Each kit comes stored in its own weather-proof, hard sided, polycarbonate case
- Enough survival seed to plant a 3 acre garden
- Can be used for barter or trade and could be worth their weight in gold in a survival situation
- Kit can be divided amongst family members
- Enough survival seed that if you lose a crop you will have plenty left over to plant again
- Packets are resealable so you can begin to use them today
- Check out Clyde's Garden Planner - for the novice gardener
Heirloom Vegetable Seed Bucket Includes
Note that the seed weight and count given in the table below are only estimates. We try to err in your favor. **Due to seed shortages, some varieties may be substituted.
|Beet||Detroit Dark Red||.06oz||125|
|Rutabaga||American Purple Top||.02oz||122|
|Broccoli||Green Sprouting Calabrese||.02oz||107|
|Brussel Sprouts||Long Island Improved||.013oz||117|
|Bush Bean||Golden Wax||.742oz||90|
|Bush Bean||Blue Lake 274||.902oz||85|
|Cabbage||Early Jersey Wakefield||.02oz||100|
|Cantaloupe||Jumbo Hales Best||.10oz||96|
|Carrot||Chantenay Red Cored||.020oz||250|
|Cauliflower||Snowball Y Improved||.2oz||125|
|Celery||Tall Utah 52-72 Improved||.07oz||200|
|Cucumber||Poinsett 76 (slicing)||.058oz||65|
|Kale||Dwarf Blue Curled Scotch||.02oz||158|
|Lima Bean||King Of The Garden||3.07oz||103|
|Onion||Sweet Spanish Yellow||.012oz||140|
|Radish||Early Scarlet Globe||.032oz||139|
|Squash||Golden Summer Crookneck||.22oz||93|
|Sweet corn||Golden Bantam||.866oz||97|
|Tomato||Red Cherry Large||.02oz||115|
|Turnip||Purple Top White Globe||.15oz||180|
*Seed weight and count are estimates only. We try to err in your favor. **Due to seed shortages, some varieties may be substituted.
Heirloom Vegetable Seed Bucket Stores Safely
All seed kits store well at average room-temperature. There is no need to keep the kits under refrigeration.
A couple scenerios to consider, as highlighted by Foodsafety.gov, when having a seed kit could benefit your family in an emergency situation.
- Flood Waters: All seeds are packaged in waterproof Mylar bags. Your seed bank will be protected in case of a flood event. After flooding subsides, food shortages may occur. Having a Heaven's Harvest food kit can get you through while plant and develop a garden.
- Power Outage: If there is an extended power outage, seeds can be selected from the seed bank and planting can begin.
If food supplies are low, a personal garden to harvest your own vegetables will be essential to survival. Consider combining our seed kits with Freeze-dried food Kits to ensure a solid food supply while your harvest grows.
If you want more on food storage, check out our readymade 1-Month Combo Kits.
What problems lead to food shortages and how do seeds help?
Listed below are some of the reasons behind food storage planning in the United States:
- Unfavorable weather conditions - lead to a drop in harvest
- Food becomes expensive due to lesser exports
- Food supply disruptions due to disturbed food supply chain
The global pandemic caused food shortages and travel limitations. As a result, approximately 33.8 million individuals (2021) faced food shortages, according to the USDA. This amplified the need for citizens to develop alternate food sources. And this was a small scale version of what could occur in a major crisis. Having a garden can ease the pressure in an emergency situation. Not only can you grow your own food supply, these seeds can also be used for barter and trade in the wake of financial strain.
How to Start Your Own Seed Bank
At Heaven's Harvest we make it easy to start your own seed bank. As a matter of fact, we've already done it for you, with our Heirloom Vegetable Seed Kits. We have packed it with the most popular and enjoyable vegetable varieties you want to grow in your garden.
Review our hand-picked and packaged process:
- 39 Garden staple varieties are selected
- 39 Packages are all individually labeled
- Each packet is individually scooped and hand-packaged
- OVER 4500 seeds in total
- All seeds are sealed in a waterproof, lightproof, Mylar-foil bag
- Majority of seeds have a 10 year shelf-life! - store in your food bank until they are needed OR start planting now!
- No need to plant all of the seeds at once. Pick and choose how much and what you want to grow- start developing your green-thumb today!
Be Prepared for the Worst by Harvesting Your Own Food
Heaven's Harvest provides open-pollinated, non-gmo, non-hybrid seeds for people planning for adverse conditions or uncertain times . All seeds are safely grown in the USA.
Our seed kit will extend your families survival by providing a continuous food supply after your stock of freeze-dried food runs out.
Our food buckets contain the necessary ingredients to provide you with nutritious meals. You can use water to rehydrate each meal in approximately 15 minutes. Your food lasts approximately 25 years at room temperature, except for beef and chicken, which are good for 15 years only.
For more information on our monthly food bucket program, give us a call at 800-516-4773. Have a large family or circle to prepare for? Check out Heaven's Harvest 3-month, 6-month, and 12-month kits.
Heaven's Harvest products typically ship within 1-3 business days. You will receive an email with tracking information when it ships. Courier Options include USPS Priority Mail and UPS Ground; if expedited shipping is required, please call 1-800-516-4773. Standard delivery transit time is 3-7 business days. If shipping outside of the continental United States, please call us at 1-800-516-4773. All duties/taxes/import fees are the customer's responsibility. ***To our Dear Canadian Customers, much to our chagrin, we cannot control the costs of international shipments. Any duties, fees, or taxes required upon pick-up of your order are the customers' responsibility.
***Free Shipping, for orders totaling $750 or more, does not include Alaska and Hawaii due to the high cost of shipping to these locations. Please call if you have any questions.
Why does Heaven’s Harvest stand out from other Survival Food Companies? Because it all comes down to the contents of the kit! Heaven’s Harvest food and seed kits provide you with what you need for long haul - No juice or drink mixes and no bags of rice or beans to weight it down. The vegetables we buy today are grown with genetically modified or hybrid seeds. Hybrid vegetable seeds will only produce one satisfactory crop. Don’t take our word for it, make the comparison! Simply take a look at the contents of our kits and you will be pleasantly surprised by the food variety and serving sizes. We are dedicated to supplying Americans with the highest quality products to ensure survival in a crisis.
How to prepare our meals:
On average, each specific serving requires approximately 1 cup of water.
Using hot water speeds up the reconstitution process, but it is not required. Heaven's Harvest foods can be prepared with any temperature of water, but will re-hydrate sooner with hot water - approximately 15 minutes.
Simply open the pouch of food, remove the oxygen absorber, add water, allow time to re-hydrate and serve.
Specific instructions can be found on the back of each pouch.