Asparagus (Mary Washington)
Heaven's Harvest Store
Containing many vitamins, asparagus is considered a power vegetable! The Mary Washington variety produces long spears. Seeds can be started indoors in spring for transplanting out around last frost. In 2 years, you'll have a light crop and a regular crop thereafter. Asparagus is a perennial vegetable, plant once and enjoy season after season of succulent spears. As well as beautiful foliage for your garden.
- Days to maturity:
- Height: approximately 3"-5" tall.
- Tips: Start seeds indoors, transplant with 3-4 inches between seedlings. These seedlings should grow for a summer, and the following year the yearlings' should be transplanted to the permanent asparagus bed.
- Plant Spacing:
- Row: 24"Plant: 18"
- Planting Depth: 4-6 inch.
- Days to Germination: 10-30 days.
- Days to harvest: 2-3 years.