Lima Bean (Fordhook 242)
Heaven's Harvest Store
A favorite for it's nutty flavor, this bean grows thick pods with 3-5 beans per pod. Grow best in full sun with plenty of water - however, avoid planting in soils that stays wet. Great summer crop as the bean grows well in warm soil.
- Days to maturity: 50-60 days for green, 100+ days for dry beans.
- Growth: 9"-15" height, 6" spread.
- Tip: Try growing in rows three across as opposed to just one. You can grow 3 times the amount of beans in the same space.
- Plant Spacing:
- Row: 4"-6"Plant: 4"-6".
- Planting Depth: 1.5 inch.
- Days to Germination: 7-10 days.
- Days to harvest: 50+ days.